Sunday, April 19, 2020

Our Trip to Virginia: Part 1

We left for spring break a few days early and boarded a plane to Virginia!!! Spencer and Mayra moved to Northern Virginia last summer so we knew we had to make a trip work. They moved to a small town about an hour from where I grew up and an hour and a half from DC. I was so excited to be able to take our family back to where I lived as a kid and to see it again myself after almost 25 years!

Plane Ride!
Gabriella and Olivia had been on the plane before but were too little to remember so this trip was basically a first for all the kids. Liam was most nervous about it but he did great!

At the airport






On the plane
The airline put the boys by me since they were younger but we had to trade seats to get Gabrie and Livvy together.

And poor Luke was across the aisle stuck in the middle of two strangers, haha!

Thank goodness for the "in flight entertainment" that kept the boys busy the whole time.


We got in really late on Wednesday night, but Thursday we headed straight to Washington DC. Spencer's family had school and work so we saw them a little that night.

Tidal Basin
We were able to easily find parking but I was sad that the Cherry Blossoms I had partially planned the trip around had faded quite a bit, so it wasn't as pretty as it can be but we still found some that were still in full bloom.








The Mall



The first place we went to see was the Lincoln Memorial










As much as we enjoy the memorials I think the squirrels on the Mall might have been the highlight!


I think they are holding coins to through into the water...

 World War II Memorial



I love this picture, haha, we were doing a lot of walking!


Unfortunately the Washington Memorial was under construction so we couldn't tour it.

This is as close as we got to the White House

Some of the Cherry Blossom we did get to see!








 Dash trying a couple different poses, this one is my favorite.

The next day we went back down to DC and hit the museums, starting with the Museum of Natural History. The kids weren't as interested in it as I thought they would be but we still got a good look around.


I don't even know how many times I went there as a kid, but it was a lot. Still, it was fun to experience it again as a grownup.


We probably spent the longest time with the gems and minerals, it is still my favorite part!


The Hope Diamond



Air and Space Museum
The kids were pretty done by this point and it was near closing time but we spent about an hour there. (Luke could have spent a week there)






No comments: